How To Prepare For Competitive Exams Based on Multiple Choice Questions | Home Study- How to Guide Part II
- MCQs Paper Types- Introductions Part 1
- Homework to do for MCQ Based Exams Preparations: Part II (Reading)
- Sure Shot tips for Selecting the Right Answers in MCQs: Part III
- Exam Hall Tips: Part IV
Knowing the Exam Pattern
Some tips to prepare have been shared below:
- Instead of learning concepts and arguments, emphasis is to be given on detailed factual knowledge like names, dates, events and so on. These small but important facts need to be memorized for a better score.
- Since, a lot of questions are to be answered within a limited time; effort must be given to increase speed. This also has to go hand in hand with precision.
- If studied in a group then it can help in various ways. Brainstorming sessions can dig out all possible questions from a particular topic.
- There can be no alternative to practicing sample papers. The more this is done, the closer the person is towards success. Solving sample practice papers or mock test papers shall increase speed as well.
Some basic advice to the candidates would be:
- Staying calm and composed is what is expected from the candidates. Anxiety is too kept at bay and only then can the exam be written efficiently.
- It is advisable to read the questions more than once to grasp its meaning and understand what it actually wants. Oftentimes, the answers are pretty close and the student needs to be very careful while marking.
- Getting hold of the right books is very important. There are many books that are available in the market but not all of them are equally helpful. Buying the right one is important.